III. CONTESTANT CONDUCT: for both Junior and Senior competitors, PROVINCIAL MUSIC FESTIVAL
This code has been developed to provide the best conditions for competitors in the Provincial Music Festival. Competitors should always remember they are guests of the Provincial Music Festival.
- After arriving at the Festival, contestants are to remain for the duration of the Festival and take part in all functions such as performance workshops, classes, adjudications and the Grand Awards Concert.
- Performance adjudications will be given following the conclusion of the Provincial class. Workshops will be scheduled on either of the two festival days. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, it is expected that all contestants will attend these workshops prepared to perform.
- Contestants are prohibited from being in contact with the adjudicators until competitions are completed.
- All contestants are expected to attend the Grand Awards Concert. The winners are required to perform. Formal attire is required for all performers.
- Contestants must be considerate of others by observing practice and rehearsal times.
- Practice rooms will be available for all contestants and accompanists.
- Contestants are encouraged to attend as many of the competitions as possible.
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are allowed on the Festival site. Any infringement of this rule will lead to disqualification.
- The Federation of Music Festivals of Nova Scotia is not responsible for lost or damaged musical instruments.