CLASS 1 – VOCAL SOLO (SENIOR), ANY VOICE
Competitors must be recommended to provincial competitions from at least two of the following:
- A selection from a Senior Opera, with recitative where applicable, original key, original language;
- A Senior sacred Aria (aria form an oratorio, a work of J.S.Bach, or other major sacred work), with recitative where applicable;
- At least one movement of a multi-movement/ song cycle.
- Or from local National Class, as provided for in the Provincial/Local Syllabus.
- Maximum time limit is 40 minutes.
- Two or more languages are to be used
- Three selections consisting of:
- One selection from an Opera, with recitative where applicable, original key, original language
- One Aria from a major sacred work, with recitative where applicable, original key, original language
- Multi-movement/ song cycle (at least three movements of a selection that could be performed at the National Festival), or a complete song cycle if less than four movements.