V(c) CHORAL REGULATIONS
- Participation is limited to amateur Nova Scotia choirs, performing in the appropriate class(es) at affiliated festivals.
- A festival official must supervise and witness the recording of the performance of choirs recommended for Provincial competition. NO acoustic or electronic compensation, filtering or other enhancements should be used.
- All Choral entries will be submitted by MP3 recording via email (or uploaded to an agreed site) to the Provincial Registrar.
- The front cover of music must be scanned in order to be considered a legal copy. (Include a scanned receipt for downloaded music). All copyright laws regarding music must be observed.
- As an aid to the adjudicators, the first bar of each line in the score must be numbered, and the performance key shall be indicated on the score.
The competition will be conducted at two progressive levels:
Adjudicators at the local festival may choose, in each of the ten Choral categories, one choir which is felt to be of Provincial standard. The written recommendation shall be sent to the Provincial Registrar by May 15th.
Adjudicators at the Provincial festival may choose, in each category submitted, one choir which is felt to be of National standard. The written recommendation shall be sent to the Executive Director of the Federation of Canadian Music Festivals by registered mail not later than July 1st.