CLASS 7 – PERCUSSION SOLO (SENIOR)
Contestants must state which solo instrument they will play)
Competitors must be recommended to Provincials from a Senior Advanced work or National class as provided for in the Provincial/Local Festival Syllabus.
- Maximum time is 40 minutes
- Three selections consisting of contrasting styles to include works on mallets, tympani and snare drum. Where appropriate, piano accompaniment is permissible.
- At least 2 consecutive movements of a multi-movement work.
- One multi-percussion work.
- One own choice selection.
Please note that the provincials will provide a Provincial Music Festival kit of percussion instruments